Thursday 1 November 2007

The Inevitable Rise and Liberation of NiggyTardust!




Talk about viral. Mr Nine Inch Nails 'leaked' Break, one of the tracks on this excellent album. All of it is available free or for a fiver at the Niggy Tardust site.

Saul Williams is someone I only associated with 'that guy who was warm-up at the NIN tour'. Trent Reznor is someone I always associated with Awesome Musical Noise. I always disliked the rap-pop-a-cap-bling-bling scene, but my worries were very much unsubstantiated. Took the time to listen to everything Saul Williams I could find - it was raw, excellent and brilliant.


Raised to be Lowered
© Saul Williams, Trent Reznor and whatever other powers that be.
Hopefully some official moving pictures will be released with this great noise so I can link that. Until then this is it. Listen, download, pay and pay again (it's so worth it), transfer to your fav mobile music machine and let this be the soundtrack of a walk.


WTF!

I thoroughly enjoyed all the songs from the first listening and they keep growing on me. The music doesn't take itself too seriously, part of what makes this so good. Possibly the spirit of Mr Reznor hovering over this album makes me enjoy it, but I feel something completely new happened with him and Saul Williams meeting. The only track I feel wobbles a bit would be Sunday Bloody Sunday, but that's probably because I can't stand the original.

A few great musical minds had some serious fun making this noise.


Raw

Brief and crude

/the ignorant Swede

No comments: